Thursday, May 04, 2006

These are a few of my fa-vor-ite things

Links, links, links!

Useful stuff

  • The New York Times – My preferred news source.
  • Alternet.org– When I’m looking for the news that the mainstream media ignores.
  • Indymedia– when I’m looking for international news that the mainstream media ignores.
  • Commondreams.org– Believe.
  • Amnesty International–Working to protect human rights world-wide.
  • Google Maps – Google rocks my world (get it?)
  • Blogger – Um, of course.
  • Picasa – Since I’m in the I-Love-Google mood, I recommend Picasa, their photo organization & editing software. It’s free!
  • Wordreference.com – If you are learning English, Spanish, French, Italian, or Portuguese, this should be your vocabulary dictionary/ translator.
  • Verbix.com – For all of us who hate verb conjugation.
  • Allrecipes.com – Very useful. As long as I don’t have to eat the results
  • HTML Quick Reference Guide – Very, very useful.
  • Freeware.com – Why pay for software when much of the free stuff is faster & more stable?
  • iPod Hacks – Just what it says.
  • Wikipedia – the open source, user-generated online encyclopedia.
  • Photobucket – Free image hosting.
  • StatCounter– Really great for hit counters and site statistics--and it's free!

Fun stuff:

  • Homestarrunner – If you are not a Homestar fan, you don’t know what you’re missing.
  • Pink is the New Blog – Trent is awesome. My favorite gossip site.
  • Craftster – No tea cozies here! Only kick-ass handmade or reconstructed stuff allowed.
  • Cyndi's List – The ultimate list of family history & genealogy links. Ultimate. No kidding.
  • Facebook – How embarrassing. At least I’m not on MySpace or Friendster.
  • Pitchfork – Articles & reviews of the best (and worst) indie bands out there.
  • Urban Dictionary – Do you know what “poppin fresh” means?
  • Doonesbury – Have a laugh and flip the birdie to the neo-cons.
  • Web Sudoku– Do you sudoku?
  • Stuff on My Cat (!)–Be prepared to laugh your ass off!

No comments: