(August 30, 2006): I found a whole treasure trove of slightly altered photos of Vlada Roslyakova at the forum of supermodels.nl. They're together--all 38 of them--with their originals here.
(August 11, 2006) ...And a few more...




(August 9, 2006) Finally got another original to match a fake I've had for a while. It was posted in a thread at Fragile Frame, an ED forum.
(August 1, 2006) Found a few more originals. It's so ironic that it's easy to find altered photos, and difficult to find the originals.
I actually had one of those (points up), but it wasn't the exact same pose. I've erased the "almost" one that used to be below.
Beyonce? What happened?
Is that Lara Flynn Boyle? And who thinks of a boil (i.e. a skin lesion) when they hear that name?
And all I can say is... WTF?!?(June 12, 2006) I had the fake picture of Vlada (below) in my collection for a while, and I never really thought about it until I was doing some organization and came across it. Looking at her legs, I realized they looked too much like a cartoon to be real. I decided to find an original from a reputable source... and found a photo of Vlada in nearly the same position. Survey says: FAKE.
(June 11, 2006) As it turns out, I had the original for this one (below) already in my library. Heh. Whatever is lost can usually be found right under your nose!
(June 10, 2006) I think this model (below) is Kate Moss. She's skinny enough... not sure why someone would fix her to be even skinnier! Oh wait, yes I do know why. Anyway, I'm embarassed to admit that once I came across the real photo, I wasted about two hours of my life looking for the fake (I knew I had come across it in the past). I'm even more embarassed to admit that I'm going to spend another two hours chasing the original of another fake!!!
I decided to try my hand at photoshopping. The results (see below) look like shit, but I'm astounded by how easy it is. A ten year old with a computer can do this. Click on the photo for a better quality version...
(June 9, 2006) Check it out... I found this French site that has some comparison photos. I already had the altered photo of the model in white (two down), but this site had the original! Also, this site had the altered Matrix photos below (which I touched up even more--color balance, stuff like that). Anyway, I'm proud to report that I have lots of photos that site does not have.
(June 7, 2006) Whooot! Finding the original of the Jodie Kidd photo below really made my day. She's so old school that few of her photos are available on the 'net... and I can't believe I was able to dig this one up.
I am super pumped to have found the following three originals... the Kurkova ones weren't too hard (the two on the bottom), but the one in the steam bath (Colette P.) took some serious digging. Sadly, the real one is just as scary as the fake one.

(June 6, 2006) New addition below... I found that one (points down) on a site that claimed to be "pure," and not all "contaminated with myths and fairytales." (Am I the only one that sees the irony?) Better still, the author of this site claims that "pro-ana" sites helped her to become "ana," and then she blames it on the false information she got from other sites, then she asks people without EDs to stay away from her site, but then she states that unlike other sites that state that they're not trying to help anyone form an ED, her's is a pro-ED site. Wish she could just make up her mind. This is also a site that posted a photo of someone who was dying as thinspiration. I think that belongs in the hall of shame for sure.
(June 3, 2006) Other fakes:

















19 comments:
I love these pics!!!!! Is it bad that i aspire to be like the fake ones? no, i don't think so.........thank you for spending your time compiling this awesome collection
i lovee these pics to! , ive seen most of the fake ones and used them for thinspo. but now that i see that real ones i can have a more obtainable goal. that might sound retarded haha but oh well. THANKS
the most schocking thing is that sometimes, i couldn't tell the difference between fake and original...
the pics are amazing... for most of thepictures i ahve only ever een the fake ones and have now just found out that the figure i have been idolizing for the past year is actully a computer generation...but the fake ones are always by far the best looking and most inspiring.
This is the first time I have seen pictures like these,apart from the tabloids. The fakes look like skeletons with skin and hair. I'm glad they are fakes. With no muscle, the people would not be able to even move,
These pics are fascinating to view.I dont know how anyone can think the fake ones look nice they are horrifically disgusting.The women in the pictures are skinny anyway and the fake ones are just horrible.I am slim but pride myself in having some curves.That is the way women are supposed to be.
Has anyone seen photos of the survivors from the Holocaust? They looked exactly like the fake photos here. Very scary. It's even scarier to read that some of you girls are aspire to look that way. Be skinny by all means for I am skinny myself, but realistically, if one was to be as skinny as the fake photos, they would be dead as their organs would have shut down..
The photos at the bottom with the "??"'s over the face were of BonyPink, a girl who is now dead - she died from heart failure caused by her eating disorder weighing in the 60 pound range. The photos were taken by a pervert with an anorexic fetish in japan, who "recruited" anorexic girls and pretty much abused them into starving more than they already were.
interesting contrats to see on the other pics, but BonyPink WAS real....
Wow that is so sad that people strive to look like that. I've seen a lot of the pics on thinspo and stuff like that , but to see it real wow.
Ya I agree with anorexi_ reality bony_pink is a real picture or a real person, I know someone who knew her.
Reguardless of the fact you are posting to "out" the fake pictures, you have no right to be using the personal pictures of BonyPink, she was NEVER pro-anorexic, nor was she in much of a position to seek recovery. She was not a part of any pro-anorexic communities, either.
You are posting pictures that represent abusive men, rape, and forced prostitution.
You aren't just naturally born, wanting to starve yourself to death. You should think a little about the people who are in the pictures you're posting, and show a little more respect.
You are reposting personal/private photos without consent, not to mention you plastered question marks over the branding on the picture. You ever know why pictures will get branded with a name or site on them? I should hope you aren't that ignorant.
These pictures were not to be reproduced, and were NEVER meant as thinspiration.
These pictures are part of a collection of fetish, and slavery pornography. She was sold into the sex trade, and was fully allowed by the man taking control over her, to starve herself to death all for HIS PROFIT.
The pro-ana community is responsible for reproducing these pictures without consent, or a thought in their tiny brains about how much suffering she went through.
Thankfully, she has passed away now, however the man who abused her for years GOT AWAY FREE with no legal charge. He is still out looking for more girls. Pretty sad, but this type of game isn't that unheard of.
So for all she's been through, this is the recognition she gets?
I'll be checking back on your site, to see if you have removed her pictures, and if not, I will be contacting the staff at Blogger.com about copyright infringement on your behalf. I hope to see these pictures go down very soon.
I actually think the thinner ones are better in some cases! The Thin Beyonce is much better than reality and theres one with major sticking out chest bonesthat are amazing!!! I want chestbones!
THANKYOU for putting these up! I always point out to people which ones are fake but it's so nice to have the real picture to back it up. Thanks for doing all that crazy digging
Hah! I knew it. Good job! n_n
I don't get it. Everyone wants to be beautiful, everyone wants to be liked. "Friends" who tell you you look fat, are just jealous. And especially men don't like to see a girl's ribs or pale skin. It's all about shining bright from within. You can't do that without energy, physical or mental. Beauty is in your actions, your smile, the softness of your touch, the passion you put in living!
If you look like the girls in the fake pictures, people don't look at you because your beautiful but because they're concerned for your wellbeing. If you look like the girls in the real pictures (even most of those are at the edge of thinness) and you look a little better you can see that they're beautiful because of their personality and drive for a good live.
thanks for listening, I'm a 6 ft, 175 lbs, athletic guy from the Netherlands, so don't give me that "only fat people can say that, they're just jealous" kind of bullshit. Trust me girls, if these are your examples, your not looking up into this pretty world but just being stubborn. And to all of you who are fighting anorexia, the world loves you we're all supporting you.
Daan Levendig, Amsterdam
ps: Read Natascha van Weezel's diary "Magere Jaren" (Skinny Years) or something similar. Natascha is my dearest friend and we are there for everyone who wants to be beautiful and loved, but doesn't see through the mist of Anna.
The "beauty" in the fake pictures will ONLY be seen by your fellow pro-anorexics. As the person above said, unless you have clothing covering your bones people will be sending you glances out of concern, not out of admiration.
If you must shoot for any goal, go for the ones in the real pictures. Do it by working out and cutting back on junk food and eating well and allow for it to take a long time to reach your goal weight. People below the healthy BMI are not admired or attractive. I am sad for people who actually strive to look like the sick, emaciated people in these pictures. Keep some meat on you, you will look much, much better.
NOTE FROM CASCATA: I had no idea that one of these images showed someone that was not already in the public eye. I am sorry that your comment did not come to my attention sooner, but I have been absent from this site for nearly three years. I'm sorry for your loss, and I will remove the photo immediately.
wow! you did a great job!
now i really see my goal wasn't realistic and i can try to get a realistic view...
the difference between the fake and real ones is soooooo big! i can't believe i really thought the fake ones were real. why do most newspapers or magazines show them?
it would be much more interesting and stuff if they showed the real ones!
I have heard - but have no source for it - that sometimes retouching actually goes the other way round: That ultra-thin catwalk pictures are photoshopped to make them look more "presentable". I read from one journalist who sat in the first row of a fashion show that the models actually looked like concentration camp victims, with thin hair, patches of dry, wrinkled skin, veins running over the surface of their bones, and that retouching makes all this invisible. Do you know something about that?
Post a Comment